Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Manifesto Project - Photos


Micaelan Davis ( MFA ‘09 FURN)
In the envelope: I have never been one for concluding statements; even my physical work resists being neatly summed up. I see each piece as a moment in time, a specimen of work performed and ideas made real, a stop on the continuum of its evolution. I look at each piece and see the next step I would take or the next piece I would design. I am a gray thinker who longs for the black and white. I use knowledge and facts to get me a little closer to the truth, whatever that may be. When the answers don't make sense I am intrigued. I am interested in the connections between things, why we behave like we do.

Currently on view in the RISD Public Engagement Gallery: The Manifesto Project

Artwork by 11 RISD grad students from the Furniture, Textiles and Jewelry + Metalsmithing departments explore their personal creed as they pertain to being makers of thing
s.

Here are some photos from the exhibition which will be up through Friday May 15th:





Sooyeon Kim (MFA ’10 J&M)





installation view
(l-r) Peter Hedstrom (MFA ’10 FURN), Mary Gagne (MFA ‘10 TX), Erin Scully (MFA ’10 J&M)
foreground
Martin Goebel (MFA ’10 FURN)

No comments: